Folk Fingerstyle - Part One



Viewers Question:

Q: My favorite type of guitar playing is folk fingerstyle. Last month, I watched your YouTube Fingerstyle Guitar Primer video lesson that you posted in March of 2009.
I have purchased your Accelerated Learning ebook and I am practicing using the learning how to learn techniques.

In the last few weeks, I have made a proper practice schedule and I must say I have developed a lot of the techniques in your first video on fingerstyle guitar. In short, I am ready for more fingerstyle! Can you please re-visit the world of fingerstyle guitar once again? If so, can you please focus on some pattern playing in the Folk Fingerpicking style?

Thank you, Dillan, Ireland

A: Thanks Dillan! The video lesson I have organized for you covers a piece from my 1996 Acoustic Guitar album, Acoustic Highway. It is a great example of how, by using only a few simple patterns, any beginner or intermediate fingerpicker can compose a complete piece of music! Part One, covers the verse of the piece in detail. And, Part Two goes over the bridge and chorus. Hope you enjoy working on this material. It was a lot of fun to put the lesson together. All the very best - Andrew Wasson